Hello! I’m Pamela
Certified Holisitic Health Coach
We all have a story… our story.
A compilation of our life experiences, our relationships, our challenges, our pain, our belief systems, our faith and our joys and triumphs. Our stories often lead us to unexpected places. Here’s a bit about where my story has and continues to lead me…
You would probably consider me one of the lucky ones. I had what many would consider an idyllic childhood. I came from a large, intact family. Grew up in a lovely town. Had great friends. Went to great schools. Had a bright future ahead of me. Throughout my childhood, I never gave food a second thought. I was always a normal weight. Most of my meals growing up were homemade. Yes, we had treats and snacks in our home, but that’s what they were, treats and snacks. I didn’t binge eat or binge drink or binge exercise. Food was not a friend or a comfort or the enemy, it was just food.
But, over the years, stress took its toll. Damaging to the body and mind, stress changes how we not only relate to food, but how our body processes what we feed ourselves. A life-threatening illness developed by my father while I was in junior high school. College. Difficult pregnancies. Gynecological scares. Ten years of parent care as both of my parents suffered chronic illnesses and passed away. And finally, the traumatic death of my seventeen year marriage. These stresses manifested in a multitude of health concerns over the years: anorexia and bulimia, binge eating, binge exercising, depression and IBS. Life felt hard and my body began betraying me. Searching for answers, I visited many physicians over the years. Their advice and counsel was frequently similar, “you’re just getting older”, they’d say. How could that be?? I found that explanation incredulous… This could not possibly be how I was supposed to feel at this point in my life. With a family history of cardiovascular disease, cancer, dementia, arthritis, autoimmune conditions, addiction and mood disorders, I began to realize that I might be headed for similar fates if I didn’t act. I needed to become my own advocate, take responsibility for my own health and find answers.
Today, as a result of working with skilled integrative practitioners and through knowledge gained in my own health coach training, I am reaching new levels of health. I am evidence that stable weight, abundant energy, elevated mood, sound sleep, balanced hormones, a fit body and a clear mind are attainable. My purpose now is to share my experiences and knowledge with you; so that you, too, can rediscover your most vibrant self!
I am eager to support you in connecting the dots on the road to discovering your best self. If you would like a no obligation, free consultation, please use the form under the Contact tab and I will be in touch soon!
I studied with the some of the world’s top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD World Leader in Mind-Body Medicine, Director of Education at The Chopra Center, Bestselling Author
- David Katz, MD, MPH, Authority on Preventive Medicine and Weight Management, Director of the Yale Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, Chair of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard’s School of Public Health and Bestselling Author
- Andrew Weil, MD, Bestselling Author and Expert on Integrative Medicine and Mind-Body Interactions
- Gabrielle Bernstein, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach, Bestselling Author
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, Functional Medicine Doctor, Founder of Blum Center for Health
- Mark Hyman, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The UltraWellness Center, Bestselling Author
- Geneen Roth, Pioneer of Emotional Eating and Empowerment, Bestselling Author
- David Wolfe, recognized Expert and Bestselling Author on Superfoods and Raw Nutrition
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Mark Bittman, New York Times Columnist, Bestselling Author
- Andrea Nakayama, Functional Nutritionist, Holistic Nutrition Lab
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with clients like you to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
Each session will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. We will talk about things beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as love and relationship, as well as career and money. I will personally and carefully guide you to make simple, small changes that transform your life.